Chart any security in the database.
Click the “launch chart” button in the top center of the spreadsheet tab, then start charting! Enter tickers manually by typing in the color bar or scroll through tickers by changing your selected row in the spreadsheet.
- Top Left Statistics – stats calculated over entire chart date range
- BH = Buy and hold = the total return from the first date on the chart to the last date
- Ann = Annualized return
- SD = Standard Deviation
- Max DD = Maximum Drawdown (click stat to highlight on chart)
- Corr = Correlation = Correlation to the green ticker
- Beta = Beta using the green ticker as the basis
- Date Short Cuts – click these to quickly change the time period of the chart.
- Trend lines – Click the [+] to open trend line window
- Side Bar – Statistics related to distance between chart poles. When no poles are visible, entire date range is used. (see below for more detail on chart poles)
- CP – Current price
- BP – Total return between the poles
- Ann – annualized return between the poles
- Date Dial – Shows current start and end dates for the chart. Adjust the start/end dates, then press apply to show a specific date range.
- Chart Input – Enter the chart code to display the desired charts. Click here to see available charts and code
- Color Bar –
- The tickers shown on the chart.
- Enter up to 6 tickers in each color.
- The red color changes when the selected row on the spread sheet changes.
- The green color is used to as the basis for correlation calculations in the chart
- Empty Color Bar – Click the lower color box to type in a new ticker to display on the chart.
All clicks are on a cycle. 1) click and hold plant solid pole and attach thin pole to cursor. 2) Let go of left mouse button to plant thin pole. 3) Click once more to remove all poles from chart.
- Display current price for any date on the chart – Press and on the shift key on your keyboard, DO NOT press any mouse buttons and move your mouse over the chart. The current price and returns from the start of the chart will display on the side bar.
- Display returns between poles –
- Move your mouse over the chart.
- Click and hold the left mouse button. This will plan the solid pole.
- Drag the mouse over the chart (keep the left mouse button down). This will move the thin pole.
- The data in the side bar will calculate using the dates between the poles.
- Remove all poles – Click chart until all poles are gone
- Solid Pole – Left click the chart and hold the mouse down to plant to solid pole.
- Thin Pole – Let got of left click from planting solid pole to plant thin pole
- Market Dates – the grey box between the poles displays the market dates between the poles.
- Side Bar – Displays data calculated using the dates between the poles when poles are visible
- Pole Dates – Dates between the poles
FT Cloud can display securities unadjusted for dividends. Unadjusted prices will display the total return of the security without dividend re-investments.
In the chart, right click any security’s name. A menu will appear. Select “Save as FNU – No Dividends”
Once clicked, FT Cloud will create a new FNU file (custom ticker available only to you) with the unadjusted data. The new ticker is displayed in the color cell and will always be the first four letters of the adjusted ticker, plus a “$.”
In the example above, the new unadjusted ticker of SPY is “SPY$”