Also visit https://investorsfasttrack.com/sieve-practical-example/ for examples how to to use FT Cloud’s prebuild families.
Just like FT4web, FT Cloud organizes groups of tickers in families. One of the inputs to the momentum model is the model’s family. The momentum model will choose the best funds from the family to invest in based on the other parameters you’ve defined in the strategy.
- Family management buttons
- Import from FT4web – Import family file created with FT4web
- Manage Family Averages – launch window to manage all family averages
- Send Family to Chart – open chart and fill 6 chart tickers with first 6 tickers of family
- Send to Family Avg – send family to family average window
- Export to FT4web – export family as FT4web *.FAM file
- So, if you’ve created families using FT4Web, you need to upload those families to the FT Cloud cloud to use them in FT Cloud. This button provides a quick short cut to upload your families.
- Save and create new FT Cloud Families
- List of all personal families saved in FT Cloud
- Right Click Menu
- Copy – copy family name to clipboard
- Update all tabs to Family – Click this to load family and family’s tickers into all family parameter on the compare, trade, and optimizer tabs, as well as load then family into the spreadsheet
- Send to Average Window – Send family to “family average” window
- Send to Chart – Send family to chart
- Delete – delete family
- Export – export family as FT4web *.FAM file
- Clear Colors – clear all colors from family
- List of tickers and names of the currently selected family. This area functions similar to excel. To edit or add tickers to the family, just type, paste, or delete the ticker in the desired cell.
Also visit https://investorsfasttrack.com/leveraging-portfolios/ for information on leveraging static models
FT Cloud can chart portfolios of securities along side any other tickers in the database. A static model is the instructions on how to create the portfolio, ie positions and trading schedule.
An example static model would be 80% weight SPY and 20% weight TLT, rebalanced monthly.
- Save and create new FT Cloud families.
- List of all static models saved in FT Cloud.
- List of tickers and weights of static model. Edit list by selecting a cell and typing a value or ticker
- FNU Info – Each model can be exported to a personal ticker, called an FNU. This is a custom ticker can be used like any other ticker in the database.
- Ticker – the ticker symbol used to recall this model in FT Cloud
- Start Date – The first date of trading
- Rebalance – frequency to rebalance the portfolio back to model weighting
- Create FNU – button to calculate and create FNU
- Leverage Info – information about applied leverage. Only applicable to models that do not add up to 100% weighting
- Static Model Management Buttons
- Create Family – Create a family of all model positions plus the FNU ticker symbol
- Export Selected Static Model – Export the selected static models to a CSV file
In addition to using the included mutual fund, etf, and stock data, FT Cloud accepts user generated data known as FNUs.
- The grid shows the details of all fnu data currently available to FT Cloud .
- Edit or delete the Selected FNU
- FT Cloud reads FNUs from located on your hard drive. Specify the folder FT Cloud should read FNUs from in this location. Using this feature increases efficiency when working with large numbers of FNUs.