Streamline your investment process
Create, automate, and fine-tune investment analytics in Microsoft Excel with our Market Data Excel Add In.
- 40+ data, statistical and reference functions
- Windows, Mac, or Browser compatable
- Save time, reduce errors
- Easy share spreadsheets with data
Get Started with Market Data Excel Add In
To access FastTrack data with the Add In, you must have a valid FastTrack/FT Cloud
** FT4web subscription with at least 2 databases or FT Cloud+ subscription
FastTrack's Market Data Excel Add In is free to download via the Microsoft AppSource Office Store. 22 iShares ETFs are free to use with the add in, no account required.
- After installing, open the FastTrack Market Data Task pane by clicking the FastTrack lightning bolt icon on the "Home" ribbon.
- Click the "Account" link on the FastTrack Market Data Task Pane in the right side of Excel.
- Enter your FastTrack account number and password.
- Click "Save Credentials"
Market Data Excel Add In Templates
This excel template organizes 120 FastTrack tickers into a heatmap visualization. The template covers 11 sectors, such as Basic Materials, Communication Services, Consumer Cyclical, Tech, and Indexes. But modify with your own tickers as needed.
This template is a worksheet to assist in portfolio rebalancing.
1. Add your current portfolio weighting
2. Add your desired portfolio weighting
The worksheet then indicates the number of shares to buy and sell for the desired portfolio.
This template is a worksheet to compare any portfolio against a single or weighted benchmark.
1. Defined your portfolio (ticker and % allocation)
2. Defined your benchmark or blended benchmark
Review the performance of your portfolio vs the benchmark on the Report page.
This template is a cross-correlation matrix that compares the 5-year correlation of each portfolio component to each other.
Simply define the components of your portfolio, then view the heatmap graphic of the portfolio's cross-correlations.
FastTrack's Add In creates custom functions that draw FastTrack market data into excel. The full list of functions is below.
- All date values must be referenced from a cell or wrapped in quotes. Ex: "12/31/2019"
- Additionally, the following shortcodes are available to auto calculate dates from the most recent day: "1M", "3M", "6M", "9M", "12M", "1Y", "2Y", "3Y", "5Y", "10Y"
- Any "start" value left blank will default to a trailing 1 year of the most recent date
- Any "end" value left blank will default to the most recent market day
30,000+ Open Ended Funds
500+ Closed End Funds
FastTrack’s database covers virtually all investable Funds, ETFs, and Stocks. Our data goes back to 1988.
We include 30,000+ open ended mutual funds, 500+ closed end funds, 2,500+ ETFs, 4,500+ stocks, and 1,200+ indexes. We update our catalog daily, pruning discontinued, merged, and liquidated funds while adding all requests and new issues.
FastTrack’s index catalog contains all major market indexes, commodity indexes, international indexes, and more. Notably, FastTrack’s index database contains comprehensive coverage of investment-grade, junk, and emerging market bond indexes.
Closing prices are updated three times a day, 7am, 6:35pm and 8:20pm Eastern. The status is available via the Data Status API.