Streamline your investment process
If you know how to use Excel, you can use FastTrack Market Data Add-in.
Create, automate, and fine-tune investment analytics in Microsoft Excel with our Market Data Excel Add In.
Get Started with Market Data Excel Add In
30,000+ Open Ended Funds
500+ Closed End Funds
FastTrack’s database covers virtually all investable Funds, ETFs, and Stocks. Our data goes back to 1988.
We include 30,000+ open ended mutual funds, 500+ closed end funds, 2,500+ ETFs, 4,500+ stocks, and 1,200+ indexes. We update our catalog daily, pruning discontinued, merged, and liquidated funds while adding all requests and new issues.
FastTrack’s index catalog contains all major market indexes, commodity indexes, international indexes, and more. Notably, FastTrack’s index database contains comprehensive coverage of investment-grade, junk, and emerging market bond indexes.
Closing prices are updated three times a day, 7am, 6:35pm and 8:20pm Eastern. The status is available via the Data Status API.
Export Closing Prices
Export closing prices
Mutual funds, ETFs, Stocks, and Indexes
Quickly export a date range of closing prices with our Excel Add In Export Data tool
- Data back to 1988
- Include security name and ticker
- Sort by date
- Export vertical or horizontal
FastTrack's Add In creates custom functions that draw FastTrack market data into excel. The full list of functions is below.
- All date values must be referenced from a cell or wrapped in quotes. Ex: "12/31/2019"
- Any "start" value left blank will default to a trailing 1 year of the most recent date
- Any "end" value left blank will default to the most recent market day
Date Short Codes
All start date parameters take the short codes below. Dates are calculated off of the end date parameter, defaulting to the latest market day when omitted.
Codes: "1M", "3M", "6M", "9M", "12M", "1Y", "2Y", "3Y", "5Y", "10Y"
Market Data Excel Add In Templates
This excel template organizes 120 FastTrack tickers into a heatmap visualization. The template covers 11 sectors, such as Basic Materials, Communication Services, Consumer Cyclical, Tech, and Indexes. But modify with your own tickers as needed.
This template is a worksheet to assist in portfolio rebalancing.
1. Add your current portfolio weighting
2. Add your desired portfolio weighting
The worksheet then indicates the number of shares to buy and sell for the desired portfolio.
This template is a worksheet to compare any portfolio against a single or weighted benchmark.
1. Defined your portfolio (ticker and % allocation)
2. Defined your benchmark or blended benchmark
Review the performance of your portfolio vs the benchmark on the Report page.
This template is a cross-correlation matrix that compares the 5-year correlation of each portfolio component to each other.
Simply define the components of your portfolio, then view the heatmap graphic of the portfolio's cross-correlations.
$25 a month
$25 a month allows access to 500 tickers a month
Included with FTCloud/Ft4web
Unlimited access is included with all FT Cloud+ and FT4web 2 database subscriptions. See Pricing options for FTCloud and FT4web
FastTrack's Market Data Excel Add In is free to download via the Microsoft AppSource Office Store. 22 iShares ETFs are free to use with the add in, no account required.
- After installing, open the FastTrack Market Data Task pane by clicking the FastTrack lightning bolt icon on the "Home" ribbon.
- Click the "Account" link on the FastTrack Market Data Task Pane in the right side of Excel.
- Enter your FastTrack account number and password.
- Click "Save Credentials"